Something to Aspire to -2KCBWDAY6


What I really aspire to is amazing fair isle or colourwork.

Recently I saw this Debbie Bliss Magazine (Issue 5), and was blown away by the sweater on the front.

V neck Fair Isle sweater by Debbie Bliss, Debbie Bliss Magazine Fall/Winter 2010
I've always loved this sweater from Interweave Knits:

Venezia Pullover by Eunny Jang, Interweave Knits, Winter 2006
These sweaters, and others like them, are so inspirational to me. I haven't done any colour work, so my goal for this winter is to learn, and make a hat. If that is successful, and I enjoy the technique, I will reward myself by purchasing the required yarn to knit one of these sweaters.

Have you seen any other Fair Isle style or colourwork sweater or cardigan patterns that you think I might like?

Check out other blog posts on this topic by Googling 2KCBWDAY6, or click here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love fair isle I wish I could point you in the direction of another lovely sweater but you already have too patterns XD

Chrissy said...

My friend made this http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/autumn-rose-pullover which looked amazing. A good starting place for learning stranded knitting is this one http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/endpaper-mitts

Good luck in your dreams.

Stefanie said...

I unfortunately haven't done any Fair Isle but I will be doing a test knit baby hat in one. You have some awesome patterns to aspire to this year and I agree that to try a hat first is key. Good luck!

Rogue Butterfly said...

So far I don't have the patience to attempt fair isle, but those are some lovely sweaters . . . and my "want to do" list grows longer :)