Envy Neck-warmer

I wanted a quick, easy project and Envy fit the bill. It had everything I liked, seed stitch, cables, and was a really cute pattern. Check out the photos with the pattern, they are fantastic!

This was really easy, only cast-on with 20 stitches and an easy cable patten. I didn't use a cable needle for it. I knit it on 8mm bamboo needles instead of 9mm, since that was what I had and I didn't want to buy another pair of needles, I don't knit bulky stuff very often.

I used Morris Fuel, which is a 100% bulky wool in a gorgeous bright purple, used just over one 50g skein. It isn't plied, but was easy to knit with, didn't split much, it looked like it may have broke if I pulled tightly, but I knit this very loosely since I was on smaller needle and I didn't have any problems.

I did make button holes, it is meant to have three big buttons, but I didn't have any suitable buttons in my stash. I've used this bright red flower brooch I got for Christmas for the time being, and I really like it. If I see some nice buttons, I'll grab them and put them on. I'm not sure whether to get buttons to match or to contrast the purple.

Envy

Don't look too closely, as you can see I haven't weaved in the ends yet!

1 comment:

Patricia's Crafting Corner said...

Helo Aussie Crafter!
I'm a Canadian who is wondering if you could help. What a gorgeous colour you used to knit this neck warmer. I was planning on making it too but their website is down and I cannot download this pattern. You wouldn't have saved it and would be able to forward/email it to me please? Would much appreciate your help. Thank you, Patricia